Monday, June 20, 2011

Kraft 3 Step Lemon Cheesecake Bars

For a gathering on Saturday I made 2 things to ensure that I had a gluten free good time, one of which was Kraft's Lemon Cheesecake Bars, which were insanely easy to make.  Instead of macaroon cookie crumbs, (which I'm sure I could find pre-made & gluten free if I were to go to Whole Foods or Wegmans), I bought a package of gluten free ginger snaps and pulverized them into crumbs. 

These Lemon Cheesecake Bars were a great hit and I will make them again.  I might make a raspberry compote to put on top & it into a round (more like a cheesecake).  I did use the juice of an entire lemon to get the flavor right but it's up to your taste!

What You Need

1-1/2 cups soft coconut macaroon cookie crumbs
2 Tbsp.  margarine, melted
2 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup  sugar
1/2 tsp. zest and 1 Tbsp. juice from 1 lemon
1/2 tsp.  imitation vanilla
2 eggs

Make It

HEAT oven to 350°F.
MIX cookie crumbs and margarine; press onto bottom of 8-inch square pan sprayed with cooking spray.
BEAT cream cheese, sugar, lemon zest, juice and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing after each just until blended. Pour over crust.
BAKE 20 to 25 min. or until center is almost set. Cool completely. Refrigerate 3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment