Thursday, January 15, 2009

Powdered Peanut Butter!


I know you're all saying, "HUH??"


My Weight Watchers coach brought in some powdered peanut butter from Bell Plantation in Tifton, GA this week. It smelled wonderful and I made a mental note to see about buying some. Well when I got into work this AM I had a great surprise! My WW friend at work bought a case and brought me not just powdered peanut butter but a jar of Chocolate powdered peanut butter!!!


It's been touted on Hungry Girl's website and several WW blogs. According to the website it's "made with premium quality peanuts that are slow roasted and pressed to remove fat." The result? Peanut butter that is not 200 calories and mostly fat (and 4 WW points) but peanut butter that is 53.2 calories, 1.87 grams of fat and .48 dietary fiber! Resulting in 1 point! ONE!


I love it when manufacturers give us the real nutrition facts down to a decimal point!


What in the world will we do with this stuff? Heck I don't know... eat it? The fact that we can now have a PB&J after a workout thrills me. The website for Bell Plantation has a bunch of recipes from folks who have tested it in the kitchen.


I love it when someone creates a product that's both good for you and tastes like the real stuff. It smells wonderful!


I'll let you know how it turns out!

2 comments:

  1. That's great because Jer and I love peanut butter on celery, and this would make it a much healthier snack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. According to their website the only local place who carries it is www.womenfit.com - looks like a gym in manassas - you might call first to make sure they have it in stock! Otherwise I'm sure I'll be buying more of it in February and I'll get an extra jar for you. :)

    ReplyDelete